Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tour de Tifton?Ilse Boyette Memorial Bike Ride and some other stuff

April 10, 2014

 Give me books, fruit, French wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors, played by someone I do not know. I admire lolling on a lawn by a water-lilied pond to eat white currants and see goldfish, and go to the fair in the evening if I’m good. ”
— John Keats

Last evening I tried to make a a sort of video blog that I could post here. I thought it may work out better and would take less time as well as be more personal.  I made the video, but the lighting was not right so you could not see what I wanted people to see, then the sound was too low and several other small technical glitches made me decide to practice a little to try to get things a little better before I try the video blog thing. maybe I will have everything I need by next week. I was hoping that I could show videos of the inside of the bike shop and the workshop etc, and that will come, just not today. 

One of the reasons I wanted to make a video was to invite everyone to join me in a program that I found and feel would be beneficial to them. I won't go into a whole lot here just click here and watch this video to find out more.

Don't forget that the Tour de Tifton/Ilse Boyette Memorial Bicycle Ride is Saturday April 12, 2014. Start is from the Hunt Park Campus of the Tiftarea YMCA. 





It is getting time for me to help Ruth with the boys and hen head off to work at Home Depot. Today I will be working as a loader, some days I work in plumbing, I really enjoy the work, do wish it paid more and that I was full time so I could get "benefits" but it I really enjoy working with the people I work with, so that is a big plus. 

1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. 3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. 6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. 9 They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. 10 They will be given over to the swordand become food for jackals. 11 But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

Have a great day

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
BMG Cycles Plus
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768



No comments:

Post a Comment