Monday, April 21, 2014

Blog name change-BMG Cycles Plus

April 21, 2014

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. ~David Brinkley

I changed the name and description of the blog today. I renamed the blog the same as my business. The web address will remain the same, and really so will the contents of the blog.  I am also going to format it so that the bicycle stuff is in one part and the business is in a second part. If that becomes to much of a hassle I will probably just start having 2 blogs, one for business and one for bikes.

Until I see what the followings are for each I will keep them both here. Comment on the blog below and let me know your preference.

Cycling and the bike shop

The plan right now is that this week will start my training for the Golden Olympics. I have already started setting up routes for the morning rides. I set the clock for 0530 and will Begin first thing in the morning. I will ride at a slow steady pace to Highway 319 then back. At this point I am not trying to speed though I will probably get in a few sprints. I need to get back to the house by 7 to help Ruth with Scot, while she takes care of Chris. My plan will be to set up different routes that add up to 20 or more miles and ride them each day, trying to take minutes off my time each day. I will also be doing my best to find as many hills as possible. The terrain in Grovania is rolling hills and some can get quite steep, so I need a lot of hill training. In addition to that I plan to use the Gym at the store for some cross training doing resistance exercise 2 or 3 times per week. This morning was a cool 52 degrees, I did my ride and rode for about 45 minutes, my hands are very cold still as I type this. Average speed today was right at 12 MPH, and I lost the magnet off my crankarm that keeps track of cadence, though that really is not that important at this point. I will put a new one on my next parts order. After we get our 2 sons on the van we Ruth and I will take another ride together, then I have a bike to repair on location before I head to the shop.

I will be placing things like my speeds, distance, cadence etc on the blog for those of you that find that stuff interesting. If all works out well I will be in Grovania racing my bicycle on our 44th wedding anniversary. It would be fantastic to pick up my first Gold Medal on that day.

Some of you have been following my progress with the "Motor" Bike. If so hen you know that I completed it, delivered it and it was running like a top. You also know that the owner somehow screwed up the engine within about 4 hours. He said he loaned it to a friend that screwed it up. We have got it back to where the clutch is catching but it is still not starting. I have ordered another coil/magneto unit as I think that is probably the problem. I should have that by Wednesday and will replace that unit and we will try again to start it. If that doesn't fix it I am not sure it can be fixed.  He or his friend may have completely ruined the engine.

Anyway the engine kits do work and I have had numerous people ask about them. Here is what I would recommend when it comes to them though. The book that comes with the engine is very poor to he point of be very close to useless, but I did find a couple of good suggestions in it, it is just not a good assembly manual, nor does it help fix anything. If you buy one of these kits from an ebay dealer go to youtube and watch the videos there. There are some reasonably good videos, and some that suck. If you decide to get one you may want to subscribe to the BMG Cycles Plus as I am planning to add the good videos in there and make some of my own that goes into more detail where those are lacking.






I have had several people ask me about adding these motors to their bike, so what I may do is offer a complete package which would include engine and installation for 300.00. That is to install it on their bike as Long as it is a straight V frame with 25-26MM tubes. If it is a bike like the one pictured here with the extra large tubes then they would have to pay extra for the modifications needed to make the kit fit.

I have been repairing bicycles for several years and have acquired a number of specialty bicycle tool, such as  Bottom Bracket pullers, Pedal wrenches, cone wrenches and even crown race pullers. I thought I had a pretty good tool collection, Last week though I had a bike come in which had a standard their piece Bottom bracket that is used on many of the cheaper department store bikes, I have worked on a considerable number of these. This one though was stuck and I could not loosen it with my regular tools as I had done with hundreds of others. I tried drilling it out, but the drill slipped and went right into my other hand. I have a hole there where the bit went in. It has began to heal, but I still hadn't got the piece to loosen, so I called Jt at Hawley. Jt said that there was indeed a special tool that is made by park tool for that, so I had to order one, hopefully I will be able to get that loose when the tool comes.

Internet Marketing

I have been around Internet Marketing for years and Network Marketing as well, several years ago when we lived in Silver City NM I did fairly well as a distributor with Yurika Foods. That has been a long time ago, but I did learn something from that company and from that time in my life that I try to remember any time I promote and Internet or Network Marketing company. Network marketing is not just about making money, if you want to be successful you are going to have to build a relationship with your distributors/dealers etc. Basically you have to have people in your down line that Know you, Like You and Trust you. If you don't build that sort of relationship then you will have a really rough time building a group or a team or a down line.  

With a face to face type business like Yurika was back then when really there was no Internet around 1985, it is really easy for people to know you, like you and trust you as they see you each day and some come to your home, some are your neighbors, people you work with etc. It is quite a bit different on the Internet. There are a lot of great programs and people on the Internet, and a few scam artists. I think the honest ones outnumber the scammers but it only takes one scammer to bleed you dry. 

You will want to build a list of people that know you, like you and trust you. It si not always a real fat process, but it is an important step. The most common way to do this is to give away something, can be an ebook, a video a lesson of a course you are selling, even a 30 minute phone consultation. The important thing is that it is something that the person getting it will consider it to have value.  

So after you decide what you want to promote then you want to find or make something that you can give away, preferably something that is in your chosen niche. If you are promoting a course on golf don't have your free report on flowers, instead something like a free report on how to take 5 strokes off your golf score would be more in order. The free report is given to anyone that gives you their name and email.  For that you will need a landing page that you can send traffic too and an autoresponder to send the reports out as soon as the person verifies their email.  If your using one of the good AR's like Aweber, GVO, GetResponse etc then they will keep track of your new subscriber. You then send followup emails that provide news and offer products and services that the people you have on your list may want. 

There are a number of great Autoresponders out there I have only named a few so far. One that has come on the market recently that not only is an autoresponder but is also a complete business opportunity is the  M and G Autorepsonder  for information on this click here  This program not only provides you with a full function Autoresponder but also provides you with guaranteed leads daily. Watch the video see what you think. 
 If you join through my link here, I will help you build your business. I won't do it for you but I will help and I will be here if you need any questions answered. You will have my cell phone whee you can call or text me when you have a problem. 

Bible Verse from Devotional

13 But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. 14 Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. 15 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me. 16 Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love;in your great mercy turn to me. 17 Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. 18 Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes. 19 You know how I am scorned, disgraced and shamed; all my enemies are before you. 20 Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none. 21 They put gall in my food and gave me vinegar for my thirst.


Have a great day

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
BMG Cycles Plus
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768





No comments:

Post a Comment