Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tour de Tifton Follow up

April 13, 2014


“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

BMG Cycles Plus

Yesterday morning I provided on route SAG for the Tour de Tifton/Ilse Boyette Memorial Bicycle Ride. I can honestly say it was a fantastic day for a ride and the ride went exceptionally well. The riders all had a fantastic time with great signage, excellent after ride food and fellowship. The spaghetti and meatballs, salad, sweet tea and red velvet cake really hit the spot.





If you happen to be in the Tifton area next year at this time of year, stop by the Tiftaera YMCA and ride with us in the Tour de Tifton/Ilse Boyette Memorial ride.

The Couch to 40 K bicycle training program was held today and I was the only one that showed up so I rode out on the trail. I was not really riding fast about 12-14 MPH and just enjoying the scenery and slow pace. I rode down to Jack Rabbit on 319 then turned around to come back to the parking lot on Lower Meigs Road. I past several walkers and runners on the way back to the parking lot. at one point I noticed 3 riders a lady and 2 men. I also noticed one of the men was wearing a T-shirt that Had the "Ramp it Up" slogan of the Mega Impact program from Heritage Church. I came up beside them and the one with the Mega Impact shirt on began to ride faster, so I did also, we past the others and rode fast to the end of the trail. I looked at my computer a couple of time and we were going right at 26 MPH. He was probably 20 years younger than me and looked to be in pretty good shape, but he could not keep up the pace and I did "win" the race. Then I stopped to congratulate him for doing so well, after all he was riding a bike that weighed twice what mine does and he was staying right with me at 26MH on  a Mountain bike with wider tires and MTB gearing he was doing great. I am sure he would have smoked me if he would have been on a road bike. We stopped and talked, I learned his name was Matt, the young man that was with him was his son and the lady was his wife. He asked if I was the person from heritage that did the ride on Sunday, I said I was and that I had done the Tour de Tifton yesterday. He seemed genuinely interested in getting some volunteers ad putting together a ride here in Moultrie to help Breathe or one of the other ministries at the church. My thought would be to do a ride annually and each year give the money to a different ministry, such as 1 year to missions, 1 year to the Hunger Program, 1 years to Breathe etc. If a ministry knows they need a big amount then we do it for that one that year and another the next. Matt mentioned that he may know some other people in the church that may be interested in volunteering to help with the ride. 

Bible Verse

1 Shout with joy to God, all the earth! 2 Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious! 3Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringebefore you. 4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name." "Selah" 5 Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf ! 6He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot-- come, let us rejoice in him. 7 He rules forever by his power, his eyes watch the nations-- let not the rebellious rise up against him. "Selah"

Business Opportunity-Marketing

As many of you know I am not just a bicycle mechanic but I also do some Internet and Network Marketing.  Recently I was invited by Sotero Garcia to check out a program that he was promoting. I had already decided not to join and promote it, but after looking at the videos and seeing how it all works, I decided to give it a shot. I am really busy with all the stuff I have to do and the bike shop, part time job,church and Internet business and I know that most of the people reading this are busy also so I don't want to waste your time, but I do feel you owe it to yourself to check it out. Here is a link to a video that explains the entire program. 

Have a great day

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
BMG Cycles Plus
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768









No comments:

Post a Comment