Saturday, August 25, 2012


Weightlifting & Exercise/Expert Profile

Expertise
I can answer questions related to any of the following areas alternative medicine, fitness, physical education, weight training, senior health, bicycling, personal trainers, personal training, medical technology, health and wellness, eating disorders, weight loss, Naturopathy, first aid, and bodybuilding. In fact I was listed as an expert in each of these categories at askme.com until they closed down
Experience in the area
I have worked in health and or fitness related capacities for over 30 years. My main profession is that of a Medical Technologist, but I also have training as a Corpsman with the US Navy, a Field Medic with the Army National Guard,and am certified as A Personal Trainer, Medical Exer-therapist and Aerobics Instructor through the National Academy for Health and Fitness. My wife and I have operated BMG Services Fitness and Nutrition in Moultrie Georgia since 1995. I also have an Associates Degree in Computer Robotics. I am an avid bicycle rider, mostly road riding with the occasional mountain trail or off road "experience". My wife and I usually do a charity ride at least once per year to help those less fortunate. Degrees & Certifications: Certifications include Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS/NCA. Clinical Laboratory Technologist CLT/HHS Personal Trainer, Aerobics Instructor, and Medical Exer-therapist NAHF. Advance Weight Training through NAHF. Accepted as AFTA Associate Awards include the Ohio State Award of Merit and Ohio Special Services Ribbon, Army Commendation Medal and 2 Army Achievement Medals CPR re-Certifcation 2007 Web page: http://www.bmgfitness.com http;//www.healthandfitnessebookclub.com
What do you like about this subject?
I pretty much like just about everything about this subject especially the way you feel after a good workout, and the difference a good trainer can make in their clients lives.
What do you still hope to achieve/learn in this field?
The field is constantly improving and more and more knowledge about fitness and nutrition is added into the field every day. There are many new supplements, as well as techniques to learn about. I hope that I can help at least 100,000 people to better bodies and better health through newsletters, books, Q and A sites or whatever method.
Something interesting about this subject that others may not know:
Probably the most interesting thing to me is that the more you use your body (to an extent) the better it becomes. That is if you feed it properly and give it the rest it needs to recover, it actually comes back stronger each time.
Something controversial or provocative about this subject
Probably the most controversial or provocative thing about fitness and nutrition is the use of Steroids and the use of various supplements. Personally I choose to recomend only a multivitamin to my clients until they have achieved a good nutrition program and a soild exercise foundation, then they may add some other supplements at their disgression and is usually determined by the client's goals

No comments:

Post a Comment