Monday, August 27, 2012

Breakfast and Funny Cycling Video


I thought I would share this funny cycling video with everyone. Some really weird looking bikes in this video. Believe it or not I get some that look like a few of these in my shop.  I am going to have to start adding pictures of the bikes I get to repair here on the blog.  Most are pretty "normal" but I do get a few real oddballs.
Today I have to put on a couple of tires and rebuild an old Roadmaster, not real exciting stuff, but it is kind of fun to make something that doesn't work now start working again.
Of course in this area we are keeping a watchful eye on Isaac. The shop is open and we do expect to get some wind and rain out of Isaac. It is sprinkling rain now and the wind has picked up a little. Albany is making plans to take on a bunch of those that may be dispalced by the storm
Yesterday I received an old Roadmaster 18 Speed 24" Bike that needs some work like brakes and cables but has the major parts. I will probably fix that up and give it to my youngest grandson Kevin. I also received a nice blue dual suspension bike that needs some brakes and shifters,  the paint looks good, so I can turn it into a decent bike, actually it will end up a better bicycle than when it was new. The reason I say that is when I refurbish an inexpensive bike like that I almost always have to put better components on it than when it was new.  I don't have a distributor that sells the low grade parts that are usually found on department store bikes.
Breakfast of Champions?
Did you have a good breakfast today? I sure did, Spaghetti and Meatballs and extremely good spaghetti and meatballs at that. Not exactly what you would call "Breakfast Food" but it made for a great breakfast.  Reminds me of something I heard someone tell me many years back when someone asked them what was the Breakfast of Champions. The answer the person was looking for was of course Wheaties Cereal as that was there big advertising by line at the time. The person answered back "Whatever I had for Breakfast this morning. I am sure that John Di Lemme the coach of Champions would agree.
Got a short ride on the bike in this morning with Ruth. I will probably try to get another ride in this afternoon before we start getting rain, after I get some work done in the shop, and of course I get to test ride the bikes I work on, so should get a few miles in there. 
I almost forgot our oldest son Scot turned 40 yesterday and I turned his name in to the Radio Station here in Moultrie today. He won the Birthday Club thing they do so in the morning we have to go by and get his stuff that he won. Sounded like a pretty neat group of items on the Radio this morning.
Have to head out to the shop, got word that the tires arrived, so can get them on the bike and give the man a call, and also get one of both of the bikes I picked up yesterday running.
If you happen to be around Albany Georgia on September the 8th, Come by the Parks at Chehaw and ride with us at the annual Nut Roll. Numerous routes available. I will probably take the 30 Mile or the 42 mile ride to kind of prime me for the race on the 19th. I have got to get some more training in anyway and that is a good way of getting it.
For more info on me click here
For answers to questions on cycling click here
For answers to questions on Fitness click here 
For a program that is automatic and pays 100% Commissions click here
For Heritage Church Click here



No comments:

Post a Comment