Monday, August 13, 2012

Bicycle Therapy?


My wife and I ride our bikes as often as we can for at least a few miles each morning. We both find it relaxing and sort of like bicycle therapy.  I really think bicycle therapy is an excellent and accurate description. We rode this morning I had tire start going flat at about 1 mile so we came back, but even that short ride helped considerably. Ruth riding the bike is relaxing and I have to agree. It clears the head, allows you time to think and if you are not racing or training, just riding for exercise then it is indeed relaxing.
Albert Einstein was a cyclist and even said once that he came up with the Theory of Relativity while riding his bike.  The Wright Brothers were cyclists and owned a bicycle shop in Dayton Ohio. I wonder if they ever thought of their bikes as a therapy tool?
The rest of the day was not near as enjoyable.
We had an appointment with a new Urologist for Scot, and that rally went well. It did take some time though as when we arrived at 1:30 PM for the appointment the Doctor was in the ER taking care of another patient.
Scot seemed to really like Dr. Lyon though and everything went pretty smooth once the Doctor arrived from the ER. While we were in the office I received a call from the owner of the Book Store where the biks shop is located. Jim wanted to know if I could frame in wall for him, 25 X 16 and put a door in it. I said that would not be a major problem, pretty simple straight forward job. Only really need to build 2 walls so that makes it even better.  He said he could not pay until September. I told him that I could use the money but that I could wait til September to get it. Maybe by September I won't even need it, that would be perfect.
He gave me a check to go get the materials, but when I went to my van it would not start. I have a Chrysler Town and Country Mini Van that has RKE ( Remote Key Entry) and uses a "key" similar to what Mercedes uses. Mine now says "bad Key" and the van won't start or even try. Lucky that I have USAA Insurance. They sent a Tow Truck out, towed the Van to Robert Hutson Chrysler and gave me a ride in the Truck to the house. Driver said he had towed many vehicles for that same reason. Mike (the driver) dropped me off at the house and I called several building supply places for prices on lumber.  We have Lowes, Home Depot, Stones and Shepherds here in Moultrie, so I got a lot of different prices. Most were close but Stone's and Shepherds both deliver Free, so I will call back in the morning verify what I need then ride my bike over and pay them for the lumber and tell them to deliver it to the store.
Hopefully I can get the Van back Tomorrow, as I have to work at the hospital Wednesday. I will have to carry my tools out to the shop in my little bike trailer. It can only hold 100 lbs at a time, so may have to make more than 1 trip.  I will probably just take the cutoff saw and the square out there. Some of my tools are already there so maybe I won't need too much else.
I will need to get some nails for the framing but they can just deliver them with the wood. I will get my bicycle therapy while doing some errands tomorrow.
If You would like to find out more about me click here
Start a business where you get 100% Commissions for your efforts  click here

have a great day
Jerry The Bicycle Nut Goodwin











No comments:

Post a Comment