Friday, August 17, 2012

Van Repair and Wall


8-17-12
Today I have to meet a man named Charles at the Bike Shop so he can look at baskets for
his bike. He wants a very large basket. He did not say why or exactly how large the
basket needs to be. He did say the basket he seen in the shop that is the same as the one
on Ruth’s bike was too small. We are supposed to meet sometime between 9 and 10:30. I
have a catalog that he can look at and we can order him one from it.
In addition to that the van still needs one more new part to be completely back to good
working order. The part is what they call a master switch for the window console. That is
the conglomeration of switches on the driver’s door panel that control window, doors,
seats mirrors etc. The plan right now is that I will drive out to Robert Hutson’s and drop
off the van with Rob (The Mechanic). Rob will take care of installing the switch and
making it work.
While Rob and his crew are working on the Van, I will ride my bicycle down to the book
store where the bike shop is and work on finishing that wall I started while waiting on the
man looking for a basket. I have plenty of work left to do on it. The job calls for a 29’
long wall which right now is 25’ long, so must add another 4 ‘ there. The door still needs
roughed in and then hung. The 14’ wall that will be at the end of the 29’ wall still needs
built and there are numerous 2X4 boards in the back of the shop that need cleaned of
nails and such so I can use them for the project. Once I have the wall up and the door
hung then I will start adding sheets of this brown paneling type of board that we have a
considerable amount of. That will cover the entire outside. No one has said what the
inside will be covered with if anything at all. The walls will be 29’ X 14’, so it will make
a pretty decent size room.
The large wall with the door in it has 16” O.C. Studs. I was told by someone who claims
to be a professional carpenter that I could go to 24” on the back wall (14’) since the wall
was non weight bearing and that there was no door, the 24” would save considerable
lumber. I can definitely see how it would save lumber. I guess if we decide to put a door
in later we just take out a stud and that would give you 4 “ to frame the door into, so that
would not be so bad.
There is still some stuff on the riser that will be in the way of me building the 14’ wall, so I will need to move all that and there is still some lumber that was previously used for
another project that I will “reclaim” for this one. That means disassembling the railing
they had been and using the wood for the wall. Most of the longer pieces are close to 8’
while the short ones are close to 3’. I can use the 3’ boards to frame in the door or if they decide they want a window.
Probably for right now, I can move the saws, drills etc into the new “room” which will
give me more room to build that 14’ wall. Once the wall is built and tied to the other wall
and the outside wall then it is a matter of adding the covering. I have not yet tried to
locate enough of that to cover the wall. To cover the 29’ foot wall will take roughly 7-
4X8’ sheets of paneling.
I have a small compressor with nail/staple gun that should make putting the paneling on
go fairly quick. Ruth bought the compressor and tools for it at Lowe’s for Father’s day. I
have only used the compressor so far, not the staple gun attachment. I will get to really
put that through a test putting up this wall.
I am going to try to find seven nice pieces of the paneling board to use o the 29’ wall
which will show out into the main floor. I can piece the 14’ wall together with smaller
pieces, as it will not be as visible. No one has said whether the brown panel board will
need to be painted or not. We have a tenant waiting to move in, so I want to get it done
quickly but I also want it to be solid.
Our tenants seem very sweet. They are 2 ladies that do crafts and were taking these crafts
to various craft fairs and such to sell them. They have rented the room I ma building on
an ongoing basis for a workshop and they have also rented a 20 X 20 room in the front of
the store where they can display their wares and sell stuff .
If you want to talk to me about Empower Network, Wom Vegas, bicycles etc. call me
Click Here to go to the about me page where you will find my Cell Phone number If I am
not at work or asleep, I will answer and be happy to speak with you. If I do not answer
the phone please leave a message with your name and phone number and give me some
idea why you are calling so I can return your call.
I answer questions on allexperts.com as an expert in Weight Lifting and Fitness
I also answer questions as an expert in cycling
Here is a link to Wom Vegas, get some cheap ads for your business or start your business
using Wom Vegas.
Here is a link to the Empower Network blogging business. You rent the blog for 25.00 a
month and get others to rent from you for 25.00 a month. You get 100% of the 25.00. Empower has other products and you should definitely get all in at some point, but start with the blog and build on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment