Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Termites or ants?

May 21, 2014

Today is my birthday, I am 62 years of age. We decided that instead of having a big party, we would have a family pizza party tomorrow evening.  Ruth and I are both hoping that will be also a "celebration" of a new full time job. I interview for a full time 40 hour a week job that pays quite a bit more than my current part time position and does offer benefits.  It would be wonderful to have a full time job again.

Today we also found out we have termites, Ruth and I went to the grocery this morning and when we come back there were small bugs all over the kitchen floor, they were small winged bugs and I was not sure if they were carpenter ants or termites. We called Terminix and they confirmed that they were termites. The cost to get rid of them would be about 1500.00, which we simply cannot afford, but we also don't want to allow them to destroy our house, especially since we recently paid quite a bit of money to get the floors and stuff fixed.  Anyone know of  a way to get rid of termites cheap. I expect we will have the treatments done at some point but need to find some sort of interim treatment until we can get the full treatment.

Bible Verse from Devotional:

9 Do to them as you did to Midian, as you did to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon, 10 who perished at Endor and became like refuse on the ground. 11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna, 12 who said, "Let us take possession of the pasturelands of God." 13 Make them like tumbleweed, O my God, like chaff before the wind. 14 As fire consumes the forest or a flame sets the mountains ablaze, 15 so pursue them with your tempest and terrify them with your storm. 16 Cover their faces with shame so that men will seek your name, O LORD. 17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed; may they perish in disgrace. 18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD-- that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Bike shop stuff

While we are not a big bike shop we are doing some business, probably about as much as can be expected in Moultrie, Georgia. I sold a used Roadmaster bicycle today, and another person that had put 10.00 down on another used bike came in and picked up that bike which sure helps a lot. Yesterday a man came in and picked up 3 master links for single speed chains and 2 other people picked up repairs, so business is beginning to pick up. The spring and summer is usually pretty decent.

I know most everyone knows that I am now putting gasoline engines on bikes for those that want them. If you want I will be happy to put one on for you. Here is how I have decided to do these motorized bicycles. The base price for motor and install will be 300.00 that includes the motor, installation and a 2 gallon can of properly mixed gas/oil mixture that should last through the break-in period. I also suggest that the customer purchase a cycle computer of some sort, preferably wireless, but at least some way to keep track of how fast and how far you are going.  The computer is not included in the 300.00.  The 300.00 is paid in advance before I order the engine. At this point I have very few replacement parts for the engines, however that is gradually changing, and the more engines I sell and install the more replacement parts I will carry.

One thing I have noticed is that I really need better ventilation in the shop  when working on the Gas Powered bikes.  I have looked into the possibility of getting a portable building that I can have placed outside near the door and use that for working on the gas powered bikes. Bishop's has a nice 12X24 with a light, receptacles and windows a entrance door and an overhead door 1X 24 size for 140.00 a month and 85.00 delivers, that could be an option sometime in the future.

The 80 CC gasoline powered bicycle engine is really not hard to work on, is pretty simple and unfortunately not of real high quality, when they are received the first thing you really need to do is throw away most of the nuts and bolts in favor of  American made threaded rod, and better quality hardware. Then get a higher quality spark plug and purchase an extra chain. The chain that comes with it is of questionable quality, you can usually buy a much better Roller Chain in the proper size at your local hardware store like ACE.

Anyway the cost for a Gasoline Powered 80 CC  the engine and installation is 300.00. That is for a standard V frame bike with 26 MM tubes. If your bike is not a standard V frame with 26MM tubes then the cost will go up depending on the bike.


 
This bike is NOT a standard V frame nor does it have 26 MM tubes, a Bike like this would definitely run over 300.00 to purchase and install the engine. Also the bikes should be a frame that takes a 26" or 700 wheel.

 
After I met with the Treminex man about the Termites I drove back out to the store and finished a bike I had worked on most of the day. It had been left set out in the rain, the shifter, chain and brakes were all rusted so badly that they had to be replaced.
 
 
Internet Marketing,
 
 
While I am not yet a big success in Internet marketing , I am finding it to be at least slightly profitable and am thinking that within a few years it may very well be at a point where I don't need to work any longer.
 
One program that I am having very good luck with so far is SpinDing. SpinDing is a Free app that you download to your phone, then you "spin" and when you do you get whatever you land on. This can be anywhere from a sandwich to a car. Never know what you might "win".   If you join with me as a Spinding dealer you will get bonuses and paid cycles. To see what I am talking about check out http://www.spinding.com/jgoodwin31768
 
 
Check out this link then get back to me, I believe in paying it forward, so you may very well get in free. 


Have a great day

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768

No comments:

Post a Comment