Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Golden Olympics and other stuff

May 20, 2014

Tomorrow I will celebrate my 62nd birthday. I have been racing my bike in the Golden Olympics since I was 54 and have done OK. I would however like to do better and I know that is going to take a lot of training and effort. The plan right now is to set up a training program that I can do daily and begin riding and cross training to get as fast and strong as I possibly can.

I have access to plenty of equipment including a road bike, a mountain bike, a trainer and weight training equipment, so that will not be a problem. I am only working part time right now however that may soon change. I have an interview in Valdosta for a full time position which I am really excited about. It sounds like exactly the position I have been looking for and it is doing something that I really think I will enjoy.

I started adding some extra riding in last week and have began getting up each morning at 5 to ride about 6-10 miles before breakfast.. I plan to have that up to 20-25 miles before September 1, 2014.

If I do get the full time position I am going to have to adjust my riding schedule for that, so will probably be riding in the evening instead of the morning. The new "job" will be Monday through Friday mostly days with some weekends and some Holidays, but for the most part it will be a 9-5 type work schedule. It will also be about 90% outdoors which is what I really like about it. I go Friday at 10:30 in Valdosta for my interview. I have already had a phone interview and a written 'test" to see if I was a fit for the job and passed those, so this should e the final hurdle as far as getting hired.  At this point I am not sure if I will be able to keep the part time position I have now, but if so then I probably will do both at least for a while.

Of course either way I plan to keep running the bike shop on a part time basis, and if things work out I may hire someone to work there to take care of customers while I work elsewhere.

Bible verse from devotional

1 O God, do not remain quiet ; Do not be silent and, O God, do not be still. 2 For behold, Your enemies make an uproar, And those who hate You have exalted themselves. 3 They make shrewd plans against Your people, And conspire together against Your treasured ones. 4 They have said, "Come, and let us wipe them out as a nation, That the name of Israel be remembered no more." 5 For they have conspired together with one mind ; Against You they make a covenant : 6 The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites ; 7 Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre ; 8 Assyria also has joined with them; They have become a help to the children of Lot. Selah.   

Internet marketing:

Everyone probably knows by now that I am promoting a program known as Spinding. They just announced an improvement in the compensation plan which will take place June 1, 2014 and will help many of us make even bigger commissions. You should take a look at spinding as soon as you get a chance. here is the link http://www.spinding.com/jgoodwin31768


Have a great day

Jerry "the Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
BMG Cycles Plus
Moultrie, GA 31768

No comments:

Post a Comment