Thursday, May 22, 2014

Job Inteview and more

May 22, 2014

I have been running the bike shop and working part time for Home Depot since February. Today I drove to Valdosta and Interviewed for a full time job. The interview started about 30 minutes late, but once it got started I felt it went very well. We talked a lot about various experiences and about why I felt the job would be something I would like. We also talked about the company benefits and the more we talked the more the interviewer and I seemed to be on the same page. It was a great interview and when I left there I was feeling that I had a very good chance at the job.

After the interview I stopped by The Valdosta Bike Center to pick up a couple of spokes for a bike I am fixing up to sell. A really nice Genesis bike. I will have it in the shop for 110.00 within the next couple of days. I am also working on a nice Mongoose that will be selling in that same price range after I put on a new brake noodle tomorrow.  

After leaving the bike shop I headed over to the VA Medical Clinic and picked up the paperwork to apply to the VA for medical assistance, I may not need it if I get the job, but thought I should apply anyway just in case. With all the bad news about the VA in the news lately I sort of wonder if I even should apply.  Anyway got the paperwork and will fill it out, more to get VA ID Card than anything else.

Once I got back to Moultrie I changed clothes and went to the bike shop. One 20" bike had sold while I was gone and a person picked up a repair. While I was putting the spokes on the Genesis a customer that had brought me a scooter yesterday for repair came in and picked that up, so all in all it was a pretty good day.  I am still trying to get the Tandem going. I searched my junk pile for a 24" rear wheel with coaster brakes, found 2 26" coaster brake bikes and 1 3 speed hub bike but unfortunately no 24" coaster brake wheels. I did find plenty of 24" front wheels though. Guess I will have to order a 24" rear wheel from Hawley or KHS.

I received a junk bike yesterday that was a frame for 26" wheels but has 24" wheels on it and the rear wheel is shot, I have plenty of 26" wheels so I will see if this bike is worth repairing to sell. If the front and rear derailleur are any good it can probably be repaired and sold.




I have this great Giant Bicycle at the store for only 300.00 used. Excellent condition. It is on consignment, so we would really like to sell it. The owner is also motivated so make an offer.

Bible verse from Devotional:

1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. "Selah" 5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. 6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. 7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. 8 Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob. "Selah" 9 Look upon our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one. 10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.   


Business Opportunity:


This costs only 1.75 to start, a 5.00 upgrade gets you going much faster.
Tired of sponsoring and advertising? Let Them Do All the Work..Relax!
It's a direct pay system and You are GUARANTEED TO MAKE A PROFIT!
We will NOT STOP making you money even if YOU STOP!
It works! It pays instantly and it pays FOREVER!
Visit the website link below and join right now:
http://www.feedermatrix.com/?ref=thebicyclenut


Hope everyone has a great day.

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
BMG Cycles Plus
1612 1st Avenue SE
Moultrie, GA 31768






1 comment:

  1. Be sure to comment here on the blog, and put your link here too http://www.bmgfitness.com then share it with your friends. The more shares the more free advertising you get.

    ReplyDelete