Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Do everything with Enthusiasm


December 19, 2012
Quote of the Day  "Nothing Great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
For more info on me click here
For answers to questions on cycling click here
For answers to questions on Fitness click here 
For a program that is automatic and pays 100% Commissions click here
For Heritage Church Click here

Ruth and I had thought about opening a bicycle repair shop at the house, but it had been just a thought, we had checked the expense of setting up something and decided it was too expensive and we were still recovering from another business that had lost a lot of money, so were not ready to spend another several thousand dollars to set up a bike shop. Information I had been able to get from various sources was that starting a shop would very like;y cost about 2500 to 3500.00. Because we did not have that sort of money we decided to wait and possibly not start the shop at all, but I did keep learning as much as I could about bikes. My grandchildren started racing BMX and I started repairing bikes for anyone that needed it at the track.


Then one day Jim Soos who knew that I loved bikes and for whom I had repaired a couple of bikes stopped by the house with his wife. It was a Sunday Morning I assume they had just come from Church. Jim and I had done some business in the past where I had sold some stuff on ebay for him, and I had done some bicycle work, but we had never talked about having a bicycle shop.  Ruth and I were both surprised when Jim asked if I would be interested in setting up a bicycle shop in his Book Store, he said he had plenty of extra room at the store and that I could either put a shop in the store or could repair the bikes at home. We set up a time to meet the next day at the store which was closed on Monday at the time. I told him at that time that I had indeed been considering the possibility but that the expense to set it up had pretty much kept me from doing anything .
I met with Jim at his store which was on the Square in Moultrie, directly across from the Courthouse and right next to a coffee shop that catered to young musicians, many of who rode bikes. He outlined an offer that I really could not resist and we began a partnership that I was very enthusiastic about.  I am still very enthusiastic about fixing bikes and helping people with their cycling needs, I do everything I can to help people with repairs, this year I even was able to give a few used bikes to charity.

In early 2012 the Book Store was moved to a larger facility and I moved the Bike Shop into the new building, Jim decided to  change the original agreement which I decided was not in my best interest, so I have moved the repair shop to the house, but I am still very enthusiastic about helping people with their cycling needs and repairing bikes for people and you still can drop off bikes at the store o me to repair. 

The bike shop does not make enough money to pay for itself, but it does help me relieve stress and is interesting to me so I have to have other interests to pay the bills. I have my regular 40 hour a week job and I do OK with that, but like everyone I can use a little extra money to help cover extra expenses. We were just told that the hospitalization insurance would not pay one of my hospital bills 3400.00 because the hospital where I went in Moultrie was not in the companies Network, so I have to pay the entire bill. it is things like this that come up and you need some extra cash.

I have found a couple of things that bring in some extra cash and would like to share one with you here. I received this email from my sponsor in the Empower Network Program. I have not made the kind of money Sotero has but I will keep working enthusiastically toward that goal.


Can you believe this!?
Someone actually said to me,
"As much as I hate to admit it, Empower
Network looks great, but you're already
so filthy rich that I can't stomach even
giving you another 25 dollars..."
He actually said that to me!
How much sense does THAT make!?
So you like it... you see that it can CHANGE
your LIFE... it's so stinkin' cheap... but
you're too stubborn to do anything!!
Look, if it makes you feel any better, I
paid for Empower Network, too. I'm no
different than this guy... or you for that
matter.
Paying $25 to me isn't putting me on a
pedestal... because I had to pay someone
else for it, too!
It's such a stubborn approach, and really,
it's only hurting this guy... not me!
I'm making millions with or without his 25
bucks.
How foolish of him to not make a move when
I could have helped him quickly change his
life.
Shame, Shame.
Don't be like him!
Learn from his ignorance.
Here ya go:
Don't be stubborn!
I'll see ya on the inside.

Check this out  
Sotero Garcia
858.525.3631
Jerry "the Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
229- 429- 3010









No comments:

Post a Comment