Saturday, December 1, 2012

Are You Common?


December 1. 2012
Today is my wonderful wife's birthday.
For more info on me click here
For answers to questions on cycling click here
For answers to questions on Fitness click here 
For a program that is automatic and pays 100% Commissions click here
For Heritage Church Clic here
It is also the day for the Lee County Christmas Parade in Leesburg Georgia. We always ride in the Parade as part of the Chehaw BMX. Most year we have been directly behind the  Paks at Chehaw Float. This year we were in front of the float and behind some speed skaters from a local rink. They also had a few performers on skates that were doing some dance  moves while skating. It was really enjoyable following them.
We had to be there at 8:30 AM and we live about 1 hour from Leesburg in Moultrie, so we left the house about 7:15 and headed toward Albany and Leesburg. We arrived at Leesburg in good time and were able to park right up near the review stand. With the trailer and bikes etc as well as wheelchair and other paraphernalia we had brought with us the good parking made everything wok real well.
Once we had everything set for Ruth and our 2 handicapped sons, Jason, Kevin and I rode our bikes down to the meeting place. We mete with Heath, the track director and Lisa who is the track secretary. They had brought candy for everyone to throw but had forgotten the wagon we had used in years past. I had a small bicycle trailer in the back of my big trailer, so I rode back up to get that and we put the candy in the trailer and the riders would come along fill up bags then throw the candy form the bags to children along the parade route.
The Parade was supposed to start at 10 but actually started about 10:15 . The Parks at Chehaw float won 1st Place in the Commercial Category here is an article from the Albany Herald about the Parade http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2012/dec/01/lee-county-launches-christmas-parade/
We rode our bikes and followed the skaters, they put on a show, doing various dance moves including handstands which really got some attention from the crowd. All along the course the Chehaw BMX riders threw candy to the children that lined both sides of the course. We were all told Merry Christmas by just about adult and many children along the way.  It was a fun way to start a Saturday. On the way home to Moultrie we stopped at a few Yard Sales just because Ruth likes to do that sort of thing and after all it is her birthday.
As a treat when we got home I ordered Pizza, that way she would not have to cook and everyone was hungry and tired from getting up early and riding in the Parade. All in all it was a pretty good day.
Thursday of this week I was at the hospital in Tifton and they were having a "Book Fair", I went to see what I could find as I do enjoy reading and probably should do more reading of books than articles on the Internet. I was able to find a couple of books that I felt were quite good. One is called "Positive Quotes for Every Day" by Patricia Lorenz. It was funny that I opened it to page 79 and there was a quote by a great baseball player that I thought was just so perfect I had to buy the book.
The quote was by one Satchel Paige "Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common."
He is right you know, We are almost all born pretty average, most of us are not prodigies, most do not turn into Nobel Prize winners. We can't help that, but we don't have to be "Common" as he puts it. In the words of the author Common expects too much without giving anything in return, it is the lazy way out and you and I can do better than than.
With that in mind I would like to share another story that really brings that concept home. I received this from a friend and thought I would share it with you. It doesn't cost a penny to look and you just might see something you like and
This is an urgent one.I was talking to a guy I ran into
while taking a walk.
He noticed all the cars in my garage
& drive way and asked what I do.
I gave him a brief explanation and he
said:
"I've tried something similar... but
it didn't work out."
I dug a little deeper, and come to find
out... he didn't do ANYTHING!
How can you expect something for nothing?
Yes, I have automated methods... but still,
you gotta let me know you want them and
let's put them in motion!
This guy made me realize, that like so
many, everyone who doesn't succeed is
afraid of change!
They're afraid of taking action.
They're afraid of doing something for
their business.
They're afraid of stepping out of their
comfort zone.
Without making change, your life never
WILL change.
If you take action, you will see a change.
You have a choice.
Make it a smart one.
Jump in while the gettin's good:
/commissionloophole.php?id=thebicyclenut
How bad do you want success? Do you
have drive? Do you have passion? Or
is this just a hobby for you?
It's not hard! Success is so easy.
Just be determined and put a few
minutes in this. I'll show you every
step you need to take.
Just skip one 30 minute episode of TV
2 or 3 times a week, and that can turn
into thousands in the bank each WEEK!
So your assignment before you go to bed
is to take action...
... Do something!!
If that means to jump in Empower Network,
then do it! Let this be your final
push to finally take action.
I'll reward you for it.
/commissionloophole.php?id=thebicyclenut
If you're already on board, then do
something to help grow your business
before going to bed... even if it's
just 5 minutes! It'll pay off big time.
Your friend on the inside,
Sotero Garcia
858.525.3631
/commissionloophole.php?id=thebicyclenut

Have a great day
Jerry "The Bicycle Nut' Goodwin





No comments:

Post a Comment