Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Job and some other thoughts

June 11, 2014

Bible Verse from Devotional,

12 Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law; 13 you grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked. 14 For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance. 15 Judgment will again be founded on righteousness, and all the upright in heart will follow it. 16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers? 17 Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. 18 When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. 19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. 20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with you-- one that brings on misery by its decrees? 21 They band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death. 22 But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. 23 He will repay them for their sins and destroy them for their wickedness; the LORD our God will destroy them.   

New Job;

Well I have a new job. I start training June 30, 2014. I will be driving to Marietta Georgia for the training and will be staying there for my first week of training. The second week I will be in the field with a certified trainer. The third week will be back in Marietta and the fourth week back in Valdosta which will then qualify me as an installer and I should then receive my van, tools and supplies to work my territory which I am told will be Omega Georgia.

Funny how that works. I originally applied for the Omega position as there was no Moultrie position being advertised. When the 1st lady from the company called she said that they had a position in Moultrie and was going to put me in for that if it was OK with me. I said sure and went through the entire process thinking I was being considered for Moultrie.. Yesterday another rep from the company called and said I was being offered the position in Omega. I am definitely OK with that.

We plan to head to Valdosta Sunday to pick up some new work boots. I have a good pair of Wolverine boots but they are Brown and black, the company says they only accept plain black boots. I can handle that too. The company will be supplying uniforms, PPE and equipment, tools, van etc. I guess I can get a pair of boots.

The training and the schedule of the new job is going to be hard on the bike shop as I am not going to be there much.  I have been trying to figure out how to keep it open while I train and even afterward. My schedule should be 4 days on 3 days off, but one of those 3 days I will have to go to the warehouse and load up for the next week, so that will mean really I only have 2 days off to work on bikes.  I have been thinking of "hiring" someone to run the bike shop while I am gone and possibly after I return, and have already heard from one person that is interested in this possibility.

I am searching for a person that enjoys cycling and likes bikes, is not afraid to get a little dirty. This person would also have to be good at dealing with people as he/she would be dealing directly with walk in customers. This person would also have to be willing to learn and operate the software I have recently purchased to run the website and would have to be willing to post to blogs, run ads, post to groups etc and make sure the software works correctly. He/she may have to place ads and do other stuff, basically they need to be me while I am gone. I will be available after my "training" shift by phone and will have to be consulted before they can make any major financial decisions for the business.

The pay is not much I will pay a per hour wage plus a commission of a portion of the profit, probably 50% of any actual profit made.  At this point the shop has never actually shown a profit, so it may turn out to be a 5.00 or less per hour job. That is actually more than I have ever made at the shop.  I have a person that is suppose to call me later this evening and if all works out I could possibly have her in to work with me a day or 2 next week or the week after, before I leave for Marietta.

I guess we will find out more tonight, if she calls.

Internet Marketing:

As you know I do some Network Marketing in addition to the bike shop and so far I am not really doing that well with the Network Marketing model. I am really considering doing just the bicycle shop with a website and forgetting all MLM/Network Marketing. I have had some minor success with one called Feeder Matrix and it only costs 6.75 to get started right.

If you get to Moultrie, do give me a buzz and if possible we can meet at the bike shop and talk bikes or whatever.

Hope you all have a great day

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768
229-921-0072















No comments:

Post a Comment