Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bike Shop News and More

June 12, 2014

Bible verse from devotional

1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. 2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. 4 In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. 5 The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. 6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; 7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, as you did that day at Massah in the desert, 9 where your fathers tested and tried me, though they had seen what I did. 10 For forty years I was angry with that generation; I said, "They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known my ways." 11 So I declared on oath in my anger, "They shall never enter my rest."   

Bike shop and personal news:

Worked today from 8-5 at Home Depot in Moultrie. I worked as a Plumbing Associate which is where I have been most since I started there. I actually like the job and the work, most of the associates are very friendly and helpful and want to do their best. The manager Scott is a really nice man, was really sorry to hear he was off today sick.
 
I turned my resignation in and my last day there will be the 24th, we have to take Chris to see the Neurologist on the 25th and I decided to take a couple days off before staring my training at the new job.
 
I also want to make sure the bike shop is all in order before I leave. I am a little behind on my paperwork there and I want to make sure if I hire someone to run it while I am gone that they are also "trained" well enough.
 
If the right person comes along, I may even be willing to either hire them permanently or sell them the shop altogether. I have heard from numerous people but have not made any sort of decision as yet. I have 2 people that stand out so far, 1 male and 1 female. I am hoping to actually meet with a few of those that contacted me by phone at the shop tomorrow. 
 
Selling the shop is something that I really just thought about. With me working 4 days a week at 10 hours plus per day I have been thinking about many different things and that is just one of them. Just the month I will be training I will be working a lot of hours and will likely be too tired to really do a good job with the bike shop.
 
If I were able to sell the shop I would then be able to concentrate more on training for the Golden Olympics, and I could still do things like have bicycle repair clinics and get some more rides in.  I may even be willing to finance the sale for the right person. and with a reasonable down payment.
 
I had a customer come in yesterday that needed a tube and had seen my ad on the Internet, found us by doing a google search, at least that ad is pulling some business. If someone would buy the shop they would also get the benefit of that ad until October.
 
This Photo was taken a few weeks back in my front yard
 
 
 
This picture was taken about 2002 or 2003 in Tifton Georgia
 
 
These photos are from the Wiregrass Bike to Farm Tour Bicycle ride on June 7, 2014 in Tifton Georgia
 
 
 
This is a Chinese 80CC Gasoline Powered Bicycle Engine that I put on a bicycle.
 
 
This is a huge Cow that advertises the Dairy Queen on I-75 at Ashburn Geaorgia
 
 
This is part of the Bicycle Shop Showroom
 
 
Here are some bikes in the showroom
 
This is the race/repair trailer that I take to events
 
This is a really nice bike we have for sale at the shop, come check it out if you can.
 
 
 
Internet Marketing;
 
 
Yes I am still doing some Internet Marketing, which will now include having a complete sporting goods store on the Internet. It is not up and running yet, but I expect it will be before I head off to Marietta on the 30th of June. When I get it set up the readers of my blog will be the first to hear about it. If all works right there will be reviews of many of the products and those will be listed here as well.
 
One thing some of you may not know is that I have been listed as an "Expert" allexperts.com in cycling and Weightlifting & Exercise . I have been listed as an expert in both categories for many years and have maintained very high ratings. If you do need questions asked about these things, do not hesitate to ask.
 
Have a great day
 
Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin
BMG Cycles Plus
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment