Sunday, March 30, 2014

Building a mailing list

March 30, 2014

Psalm 55:12-23

New International Version (NIV)
12 If an enemy were insulting me,
    I could endure it;
if a foe were rising against me,
    I could hide.
13 But it is you, a man like myself,
    my companion, my close friend,
14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
    at the house of God,
as we walked about
    among the worshipers.
15 Let death take my enemies by surprise;
    let them go down alive to the realm of the dead,
    for evil finds lodging among them.
16 As for me, I call to God,
    and the Lord saves me.
17 Evening, morning and noon
    I cry out in distress,
    and he hears my voice.
18 He rescues me unharmed
    from the battle waged against me,
    even though many oppose me.
19 God, who is enthroned from of old,
    who does not change—
he will hear them and humble them,
    because they have no fear of God.
20 My companion attacks his friends;
    he violates his covenant.
21 His talk is smooth as butter,
    yet war is in his heart;
his words are more soothing than oil,
    yet they are drawn swords.
22 Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
    the righteous be shaken.
23 But you, God, will bring down the wicked
    into the pit of decay;
the bloodthirsty and deceitful
    will not live out half their days.
But as for me, I trust in you.


Hope you enjoy the Bible verse. I am sharing these as part of my daily devotional. Do let me know what you think, comment on the blog. 

I am not be a Guru or even that well known as an Internet Marketer but everyone that knows Internet Marketing is going to tell you the the money is in the list. If you want to be successful at Internet Marketing you must build a list of customers, clients, prospects and you must be able to contact these people at least by email on a regular basis. It is true that there is a difference of opinion even among experts in how often you should contact your list. Personally I would contact everyone on your list at least once per week and I see nothing at all wrong with contacting people on your list 2,3 or even 4 times a week if it is done in a professional and considerate manner.

One thing I would not do is to send say 4 emails a week recommending 4 different programs or trying to sell them something. You should try to make the people on your list not only customers or clients but friends, don't hesitate to mention your children, things in your life that people on your list may identify with. Did you have a birthday recently and maybe a big party, you can mention that to your list. I remember receiving a whole bunch of stuff from Matt Bacek when he bought some land and then he and his children went exploring on the land.  I still every now and then get an email about 1 of his conferences or something similar. 

Buy or find a good mailing list program, like an autoresponder, there are actually several very good ones at either very low or no cost, many website hosts like 1 and 1, have a mailing list program built in. Be careful with some of thees though because many do charge by the number of emails you send, you should try to find one that offers unlimited "campaigns" as they are sometimes called.

You should also divide your Leads, Clients and subscribers into categories. One of the best Marketers I know is Mark Hendricks and he told me once at a conference that he has more than one list. He has a list he calls his evergreen list, and to this list he will send general information and news etc. Then he has a separate list for certain products such as the "Ultimate Success System" which is a very good training program for Internet Marketers. Feel free to google Mark Hendricks or The Ultimate Success System, and also feel free to tell him where you seen his name. If you get a chance you really will not be wasting your money by going to one of Mark's Conference. 

The news or emails going to the USS list would be more specifically related to the people that have purchased or shown an interest in that program, while the emails to the "evergreen" list will be more generic. 

For me I have an "evergreen" list, a list for people interested in cycling and bicycle parts, and another list for people interested in Internet Marketing. 

So build your list, build it big, keep in contact with your list and make sure not to take the people on your list for granted or they won't be on your list for long. Let me also introduce you to a program that will help you build a list and maintain that list. You can use this program to assist you in building any program or use it as your entire business click here for details

Thanks for reading my blog, please comment below


Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Godowin
BMG Cycles Plus
1612 1st Ave. SE
Moultrie, GA 31768




No comments:

Post a Comment