Friday, January 10, 2014

Frame without headset

Head Tube

Pressing in the cups
Getting everything ready to mark for cutting the Fork


Checking a second time before cuttiung Fork

Sam Taking delivery of jis new bike

1/10/14
Here is a bike I built from a frame and deleivered it today. The bike is for a 9 year old racer at Chehaw BMX. It started out as an Avanyt Frame. The frame had been modified several years before, so it was not easy getting the right stuff to build it up. With help from the young rider's father we were able to get parts from Ebay and JR BMX to finish the build. It has Promax head and stem, 24 X 1 1/8" tires and rims, KMC Chain, Man o War Chain tensioners, Carbon fork, clipless pedals, plastic seat and post. Sam was riding it around on the street in front of our house this morning and he really seemed to be very comfortable on the new bike.

I went to get the business license for the "shop" today. I got the application and then went over to have a background check done at the Police Dept. I also filled out a paper for the EIN # and the Georgia Tax #. I am suppose to move in by February 1, 2014 and want to make sure all the legal elemants are taken care of properly before then. Police report was clean, so that is good news, can't remember doing anything illegal.  Should be able to complete the legal aspects Monday. Tuesday I will call the suppliers and get the accounts changed over to my name and set up ACH accounts with the suppliers. 

The electrician is supose to be at the shop tomorrow to change some wiring around and add some more light. That should be nice. I will probably take one of the small refirigerators out there, and maybe get a cheap microwave so I can stay there for lunch some days.  May also try to find a small coffee pot for the shop,, that way if any of you come by to visit then we can sit and have a cup of coffee and talk bikes. 

I am hoping to get a few new things in really soon. I really want to get the tools and traing to do bike fittings, so that will be a priority, then I also want to put in some more lubes and cleanres, and Nutrition products. In the next few days I also plan to set up a website with lots of products related to bicycles and Health and Fitness, Diet and Nutrition and realted subjects. Ther will be a lot more projects on our website than in our store. 

Here is sort of a check list of new products I want to put in::
 
1. WD 40 Bike  Some of each Product
2. Jelly Belly Sport Beans
3. Park Tools
4. Finish Line Lubes and Cleaners
5. Honey Stinger Nutrition Products
6. White Lightning Lubes and cleaners
7. Bike Fitting Equipment and training.
8. Hammer Nutrition Products

I will likeley build a Counter and purchase a Cash Register as well as add pegbaord wall to he back of the showroom area.

Ther will be a small workout area behind the showroom that people can come workout, sort of like a mini gym or a studio. I have a Treadclimber, a MultiGym, and a weight bench with barbell and dumbells that will be placed in that area. This will be available for anyone but will be especially set up for any Chiseled Faith clients that want to use it.  We will be offering a special price of only 10.00 per month per person or 25.00 for a full 12 weeks. I will probably also put a trainer back there where I can put a bike on to "fit"  the rider. When the trainer is not in use for fitting it can be used to hold a bike as a "stationary" bike. I have several bikes that can be used for that. 

You can expect to see many videos coming up on our new youtube channel also, as I have plans for numerous videos, some decsribing the use of various tools that we will be having in the store as well as various lubes and nutritional products. Of course you will see lots of  Tour de Tifton and other ride videos. 
Hope you enjoy hem all. 

Have a great day

Jerry "The Bicycle Nut" Goodwin




 

No comments:

Post a Comment