Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mark Twain's Birthday and bike shop news


November 28, 2012
Today is Mark Twain's Birthday. Does anyone know his real name or why he picked Mark Twain as a pen name?
For more info on me click here
For answers to questions on cycling click here
For answers to questions on Fitness click here 
For a program that is automatic and pays 100% Commissions click here
For Heritage Church Click here 
Great day today, picked up 2 bicycles in decent condition at no cost. One will need a new cable, the other needs a different saddle and they both need cleaned and lubed as they have been setting for nearly 2 years in a garage.

The tires needed pumped up so I did that and then checked all the gears and shifting. The 2 bikes are actually like a matched set, 2 dark green Huffy 26” Mountain bikes. While they are not high quality bikes there is definitely a market for used bikes in the 40-50.00 range and they definitely fit that market. My cost to repair the 2 bikes will be under 15.00 and may take 1 hour at the outside. If I sell each bike for 40.00 then I end up making about 65.00 on the pair. That 65.00 can then go toward advertising to get more repairs and more bikes to sell.

My son in law buys and sells scrap metal. Often when he goes to pick up a load which may include anything from aluminum siding to old cars, there are bicycles and often they are just given to him to get them out of the seller’s way. Since he gets about 1 cent per pound for a bike and the even really heavy ones weigh under 40 lbs, so are only worth about 40 cents.  He just brings the bikes to me. I take any good parts off of the bikes, sometimes the parts have to be cleaned but usually there is something I can use on each bike that comes in. It may be a kickstand, a rim, a handlebar, or a fork, you just never know. I have at least 10 sets of pedals, some that look like brand new after they were cleaned. Once I get off the parts I might be able to use then I determine whether the frame is usable, most are good for something.

I am going to try my hand at welding someday and may even make some furniture out of old bike frames, like maybe a table or chair or something like that. At one of the shops up inAtlantathey have made “swinging doors” like the old western saloons had out of bicycle rims. I thought it was pretty neat and when I get a permanent location for my own shop will very likely make something similar for my own shop.

Once I get the Internet Marketing business up to a certain level I will start really expanding the bike shop. I have a really nice building in a good location picked out and have spoken with the owner about purchasing it in about a year or so. He was very happy to hear that someone was interested since it has been vacant for a bout 6 months now. The former tenant had been there about 11 years and he had not really planned on them moving out. I have looked at 3 other locations, all are acceptable and in about the same price range. I happen to like this one best as the full basement give me a nice place for storage or to set up a little wood shop where I can make some unique furniture. Maybe I can combine the old bike frames into some “furniture art” or decoration art or something like that.

Do you have any ideas on what to do with old bike frames?  I am thinking of making tables using the frames for legs, Maybe making a Lounge Chair for the patio out of a couple of frames. Most of my ideas on the frames would be for outdoor furniture items such as tables and lawn chair type items. If you come up with an idea that I like and I build it and find a market for the design then I will split any profit made on your design with you, sound fair?  I also thought about making some Christmas and otherHolidaydecorations out of a few of the old frames I have lying around. So if you can send me a description of what you think would be neat or a drawing if possible I will see what I can do and if it works we can both make a few bucks off of it or at least get some really weird looks from other folks that simply don’t understand our brilliant minds.

Back to the bike shop though, the 2 Huffy bikes will do well, they are old enough to have been made right here in theUS, so that should make them worth a little more. I also have over the last few months picked up an old 26” John Deere single speed bike that needs a rear wheel. About 3 or 4 years back I had bought a new wheel for another bike that has since been laid to rest and I still have that wheel, so this weekend I plan to change the wheels on the JD bike and put an ad in the paper to sell it. In addition to the 3 26” bikes a person that was moving gave me two bikes an 18” Girl’s bike and a 20” Girl’s Bike. They are both in great shape, the 16” bike will need 2 tubes, but the 20” bike just needed the chain lubed and I will have both of them for sale next week. They both were used lightly and will make some little girl very happy. If I don’t sell the bikes by a week before Christmas I will see if a place like Ruth’s Cottage (a place for battered women and children) or one of the other charity groups can use them. So right now I have 5 good solid used bikes for sale, not too shabby for a shop that is running out of  a portable building in my backyard.

So what about Internet Marketing? At this point I am really only promoting 2 programs, really 3 I guess but they sort of go together. The Main program is called Empower Network and while there are several “products” that are part of the entire EN business, the blogging platform is sort of the lifeblood of the EN business. Here is a link that will take you to a video that explains the entire program way better than I can here.

The second program is a program called BAMM and it actually leads you into Empower Network also, so while it is a different program it actually will help build your EN business as you advertise and build it up. Go to www.workwithjerry.tk and sign up there for all the details, you will be glad you did.

Then there is Wom Vegas which is a sort of social network like FaceBook or Myspace , but with a little more of a “business opportunity” flare. Even though it is more on the Business Opportunity line, you do not have to have or be involved in any business to set up a Wom Vegas Account. I use it mostly to promote the work with Jerry website and the Empower Network blog opportunity. You can play games at Wom Vegas, you can even make money there by rating other peoples ads and doing other similar things. Here is a link for Wom Vegas. http://womfriends.com/wom-friends.php?id=12575


These are at this time the only 3 Internet Marketing programs that I am actively promoting and yes I am doing OK with them. I am not getting rich quick,  but I am doing OK and picking up some extra cash that with the economy in the condition it is now is a must for many of us.

Could you use some extra cash in your pocket? Would you do your very best for 3 months to see if the program will work for you? Will you allow me to sponsor you into the program and help you get others in so we all can make some extra money or maybe even replace our current income? I plan to retire in 5-7 years and when I do I want to have enough money coming in so I can live comfortably for the rest of my life with the love of my life.

My friend and mentor Mark Hendricks said something I find very profound and I have heard him repeat it a few times. I may not have the exact words Mark used but I am sure you can get the jest of the following statement:

Success is the ability to do what you want, when you want with whom you want, without having to worry about time or money.

Take a random poll of people at a supermarket and ask them if they had all the money they needed and all the time they needed where would they be or what would they be doing. I would bet not one would say they want to be there at the grocery shopping for dinner, and I would also bet that virtually everyone would come up with a different idea of what that definition of success means to them.

For instance to me it means being able to take my wife wherever she wants to go, maybe back to see her sister in Ohio, or out to see her brother in Florida, or maybe on a cruise up or down the Big Muddy. It means that we could afford to hire someone to take care of our 2 handicapped sons while we were gone or even take them with us on the cruise, we would be able to decide that because we could afford to pay for their tickets or pay for their care, whichever feels right. Of course if we visit family we would take them with us without question simply because the rest of the family would want to see them too.

When we get back from the trip, we would come home to a nice cozy home, nothing fancy but nice where the boys and us are comfortable and I would be able to ride my bike a lot, have a nice bike shop and a small office to run my IM business from, while the grandkids and soon maybe the great grandkids play and maybe even get some rides in on their bikes too.

Last year my brother passed away and this year my Brother in law passed away and I was not able to afford to go to either funeral. I don’t want to be in that sort of financial condition the next time someone dies or the next time someone in the family has something special going on and they want us to come too.

So what about you? Do you want to make some extra cash so you can afford things that maybe you cannot afford now? Maybe you just want to put some money away for retirement, or maybe you have some other need or burning desire that you need money for. I can’t think of a better program to get you on track for making some money that Empower Network. Take a look here, join me if you will and I will do all I can to help you become successful. To paraphrase another great marketer and motivator Zig Ziglar: You can get everything you want, by helping others get what they want.

So go here, /truestory2.php?id=thebicyclenutlisten to the video and take action. In baseball and in life you can’t get to second base (and you sure can’t get to Home Plate) without taking a chance and getting off first base.

Have a great day’

Jerry “the Bicycle Nut” Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment