Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun Bike Ride and Double Commissions


I am far from an Internet marketing Guru, and definitely not in the same category as people like Mike Filsame, Ryan Lee, Mark Hendricks, David Sharpe or David Wood, but every once in a while I find something that works and I make a few bucks. Not long ago I found a program that claimed to pay 80.00 in commission on a 40.00 sale. I could not believe that without checking it out, I mean how could anyone pay 80.00 when the product only cost 40.00?  Does that get your interest?  Sell a product that is in demand and used by most adults for 40.00 and you get 80.00 commission. I can’t give you all the details here, but if you click here it will take you to a site that will get it to you right away.

I went to a bicycle ride in HahiraGeorgia. I know most people that are not fromSouth Georgiathink that Hahira is a fictional town from a Ray Stevens song about the Shriners’ Convention. Hahira is an actual town in South Georgia ( Ray Stevens is from Albany which is less than 100 miles from Hahira} and last Saturday they had the annual Honey Bee Festival which has a Bicycle Ride tied into it. Normally the Honeybee ride is pretty much like most road bike type Charity Rides. This one though had a rather unique twist.

One of the members of the Bike Club inValdostathat rides around Hahira quite often is a young man named Mike. Mike likes to do Cyclo Cross racing. Now if you know about Cyclo Cross you know that is a sort of a bicycle obstacle course with full size multi speed bikes, not single speed BMX bikes and it usually has a longer “track” than BMX. Mike set up a ride called a Road/dirt ride and it was a BLAST.

I can honestly say it was one of the most fun rides I have had in a long time, and I enjoy riding the road bikes, BMX or whatever but this was something new, unique and fun.

While there were about 70 riders, down from the usual 100 or more only 3 of us took that ride, Mike of course, Helga a 70 + German lady and me. Mike was the only one with a true Cyclo Cross Bike. I took my KHS Alite Mountain Bike and Helga rode a slick tired road bike. The route was designed by Mike so Helga and I kept good track of him as even with the Map we didn’t know the back roads that well and did not want to get lost. Mike was kind to us and did not make us work extra hard to keep up, but it was still a challenging and fun ride. 21 Plus miles mostly on dirt and mud with a little sand thrown in here and there and well as some hard packed bumpy roads and a lot of nature. If you have ever been to Fort Stewart Georgia, that is very similar to the terrain in the back woods areas ofValdosta.

We all rode along and talked while we were riding about numerous different things, we would see very few cars except the few miles when we were on pavement. The only place we had to really wait on cars was to get on the final about 1/2 mile stretch to get back to the Industrial Park where we started and finished the ride.

There was also officially a 62 and a 100 mile ride and some folks did an impromptu 32 mile ride that they had done in years past.

At the end of the ride we all sit around talking about the different rides and eating pizza. Everyone seemed to have a great time, several old riding pals were there since Hahira is not far fromMoultrie. I passed a bunch of flyers out for the Tour de Tifton coming up in April and then headed back home. Got home about 2 PM

Just as I left the Complex I received a phone call from a young man that had brought 2 bikes in to the shop to have the front derailleur upgraded. I told him I had the parts in stock and would probably get them done Monday or Tuesday. He said he was not in a big hurry and just to call him when they were done.

Sunday afternoon I drove over to the shop and changed out the derailleur on each bike upgrading them from the Shimano Sora to the Shimano Tiagra triple on the front. The shifting immediately improved and they were not even completely adjusted.  We had the grand kids Monday and had to visit the doctor and do a bunch of other stuff Monday and Tuesday, I was able to get one finished today and hopefully can get the other done tomorrow. My schedule is rather odd, I work 7 nights straight, then have 1 day off and work one “evening” then have 5 days off, then start all over. It gets me 40 hours a week and shift differential, plus having the 5 days off in a row gives me some good time I can spend with the Grand Kids.

Have a Great day.

Jerry (The Bicycle Nut) Goodwin
For more info on me click here
For answers to questions on cycling click here
For answers to questions on Fitness click here 
For a program that is automatic and pays 100% Commissions click here
For Heritage Church Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment